Student Membership & Resources
For $65/year, you can become a student member of the AIPN and access a range of benefits including:
- Discounted conference registration fee
- Access to student bursaries for AIPN conferences
- Participation in student-only meetings and activities that are held in conjunction with AIPN conferences and events
- Meeting other injury prevention students around Australasia through AIPN conferences, events and email lists
- Access to student competitions and prizes
- The opportunity to make a contribution to injury prevention in Australasia
- The opportunity to have access to injury prevention research projects being conducted around Australasia through the AIPN community
- The opportunity to gain knowledge and understanding of the processes of promoting an issue such as injury prevention to local and state governments (i.e. gaining advocacy experience)
- The opportunity to network and build interpersonal skills with other researchers through the AIPN community
Meet your student representative
Mohammed Aburumman has been elected as your new student representative for 2018. Mohammed is a PhD student at Monash University, and is currently researching organisational safety culture.
As a student representative, Mohammed is responsible for representing all matters affecting, or of concern, to injury prevention students to the AIPN executive committee; for promoting the views of injury prevention students and encouraging students to become members and be actively involved in AIPN activities.
Do you have any opinions, ideas, suggestions or any other student-related matters that you would like to raise in relation to injury prevention or safety promotion? If so, please contact Mohammed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The AIPN aims to hold student only meetings at AIPN conferences (impair years). These meetings may be in the form of a presentation, discussion panel or even a careers forum. If you have any feedback or suggestions for these student meetings, please contact the AIPN student representative.