Join world experts and local leaders at this year’s Australasian Injury Prevention and Safety Promotion Conference, the regions premier injury prevention conference for Australia and the Asia Pacific.
With a theme of Pushing the Boundaries, this conference will challenge the traditional injury prevention paradigms to examine future disruptions and opportunities for injury prevention. This will be explored through innovative technologies and changing digital societies, and new multisectoral strategies for partnerships across government portfolios, clinicians, practitioners, industry, researchers and community.
Confirmed keynote and invited speakers include
- Professor Fred Rivara, Seattle Children’s Hospital, United States
- Dr Judy Fleiter, Global Program Manager, The Global Road Safety Partnership, Switzerland
- Professor Shanthi Ameratunga, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Dr Ian Pike, Director, British Columbia Injury Research and Prevention Unit, Canada
- Associate Professor Peter Bragge, BehaviourWorks, Monash University, Australia
- Ian Forsyth, The Shannon Group, Australia
- Dr David Hansen, CSIRO, Australia
- Jennifer Smith, Research Manager, British Columbia Injury Research and Prevention Unit, Canada
Themes will be varied and cover traditional injury prevention and health promotion topics as well as emerging areas of digital disruption in injury prevention, eHealth and future trends.
Abstracts are being accepted for both oral and poster presentations, with submissions closing Monday 13 May 2019.
For further information, including registration rates and accommodation options, and to submit an abstract online, simply visit the conference website at http://www.injuryprevention2019.com.