12th Australasian Injury Prevention and Safety Promotion Conference
Wednesday 25 – Friday 27 November
The University of Sydney
The Australasian Injury Prevention Network (AIPN) is delighted to announce the latest conference program has been released for this year’s 12th Australasian Injury Prevention and Safety Promotion Conference being held Wednesday 25 – Friday 27 November at the University of Sydney.
The program includes a dedicated symposium on “The relationship between family violence and injury: Are we doing enough in Australia?” featuring leading Australian family violence researchers and practitioners, including:
• Maltreatment Prevention: But it’s hardly injury prevention…or is it?
Deborah Scott, Australian Institute of Family Studies
• Coronial Data on Family Violence
Lyndel Bugeja, Coroners Court of Victoria
• An Emprical Isight into Injuries Arising from Family Violence in Separated Families
Rachel Carson, Australian Institute of Family Studies
• A Public Health Response to Family Violence
Joan Ozanne-Smith, Monash University Department of Forensic Medicine
• Hospital-treated Assault Injury to Women Due to Intimate Partner Violence
Angela Clapperton, Monash Injury Research Institute
For more information, view the Symposium flyer Family-Violence-Symposium-Flyer-AIPN2015