Join world experts and local leaders at this year’s Australasian Injury Prevention and Safety Promotion Conference, the regions premier injury prevention conference for Australia and the Asia Pacific.
With a theme of Pushing the Boundaries, this conference will challenge the traditional injury prevention paradigms to examine future disruptions and opportunities for injury prevention. This will be explored through innovative technologies and changing digital societies, and new multisectoral strategies for partnerships across government portfolios, clinicians, practitioners, industry, researchers and community.
Featuring a range of international and national keynote speakers, over 150 session presenters and a pre-conference workshops, the three-day conference will be an opportunity for all those working in the areas of injury prevention and safety promotion to come together, network, share latest research, and discuss policy and practice developments. Check out the conference program.!
Confirmed keynote and invited speakers include:
- Professor Fred Rivara, Seattle Children’s Hospital, United States
- Dr Judy Fleiter, Global Program Manager, The Global Road Safety Partnership, Switzerland
- Professor Shanthi Ameratunga, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Dr Ian Pike, Director, British Columbia Injury Research and Prevention Unit, Canada
- Associate Professor Peter Bragge, BehaviourWorks, Monash University, Australia
- Ian Forsyth, The Shannon Group, Australia
- Dr David Hansen, CSIRO, Australia
- Jennifer Smith, Research Manager, British Columbia Injury Research and Prevention Unit, Canada
- Dr Lisa Studdert, Deputy Secretary, Department of Health, Australia
Themes will be varied and cover traditional injury prevention and health promotion topics as well as emerging areas of digital disruption in injury prevention, eHealth and future trends.
Registrations are now open for the three-day conference, which includes all sessions, catering breaks, the conference dinner and the full conference handbook and electronic abstracts book.
Registrations start from $945 for AIPN members, with non-member early bird rates being $1150. Early bird rates close 27 September; so get in now to save on your registration!
As a special bonus for this year’s conference, all full conference delegates will receive two-years online access to Injury Prevention Journal.
To register, simply visit the conference website and complete the online registration form.