As part of our commitment to the professional development of our members, the Australasian Injury Prevention Network is pleased to announce a scholarship opportunity for one of our members to attend the 13th World Conference on Injury Prevention and Safety Promotion (Safety 2018), which will take place on 5 – 7 November 2018 in Bangkok, Thailand. The conference will bring together the world’s leading researchers, practitioners, policy makers and activists to share and discuss the latest on injury & violence prevention and safety promotion.
This year’s conference will be hosted by Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health, and co-hosted by the World Health Organization (WHO), the National Institute for Emergency Medicine (NIEM) and the Thai Health Promotion Foundation. The major theme will revolve around the advancement of injury and violence prevention in response to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
This scholarship opportunity offers A$3,000 to cover airfare, accommodation and conference registration fees for the awardee.
To be eligible for this opportunity, you shall be:
- A current AIPN member (excluding executive members)
- Currently experiencing limited opportunities to attend international conferences and professional development events
- Have an active social media presence (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
The conditions for this scholarship opportunity are:
- The awardee shall be prepared to write a blog on AIPN’s website about your experiences at the conference
- The awardee shall be prepared to write an AIPN newsletter item on your key learnings from the conference
- The awardee shall be prepared to make frequent social media posts from the conference
- Any publications or presentations supported by this scholarship should acknowledge the financial contribution of the AIPN.
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity (and meet the above eligibility criteria and conditions), please complete the expression of interest (EOI) form and return to the AIPN Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EOIs will be assessed by the AIPN Executive committee. Applications will be assessed based on:
- Applicant’s contribution to injury prevention activities, relative to opportunity (e.g. awards, publications, grants, injury prevention activities)
- Potential of conference attendance to advance applicant’s injury prevention knowledge and contribution to injury prevention initiatives
- Other sources of funding available (if any)
- Priority will be given to those working in an injury prevention role in government or at a non-profit organisation
Nominations close 5pm AEST, Friday 17 August 2018. The awardee will be notified by Friday 24 August 2018.